Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay Marketing Innovation Certification
Enabling students for success in high growth careers.
The Marketing Innovation Certification shall be awarded to students who demonstrate mastery of essential marketing skills to develop, communicate, and lead innovative solution design. Developed in partnership with educators and industry leaders, and supported by more than 100 businesses in high demand fields, acquiring this certification verifies that an individual has demonstrated the knowledge and skills to compete for high growth careers.
The Marketing Innovation Certification aligns to 150 hours of Marketing, Management, and Entrepreneurship principles within the marketing, sales, and service career clusters!
This certification requires passing the Fundamentals of Marketing Innovation certification test as well as two of the three tests listed below:
- Generating a Marketable Idea
- Creating a Business Plan
- Launching a Marketing Start-up
Why Get Certified?:
Marketing expertise helps build trust and credibility while providing resources to help make informed decisions in business. This credential recognizes the multi-faceted approaches to marketing and innovation encompassing a wide range of platforms and techniques to get a message across. Traditional print, radio and television marketing has been enhanced with ever growing digital marketing through social media, content platforms and virtual techniques. The choice of marketing platforms and techniques depends on many factors, such as target audience, budget, industry, and goals. This marketing certification encourages those interested in this field to create and innovate through verbal, digital and visual techniques to effectively communicate ideas and innovations.
For more information on the Marketing Innovation Certification, contact:
Stephie Holmquist, Ph.D.
Phone: (813) 334 – 3734
Junior Achievement provides the Marketing Innovation industry certification free of charge to schools, students in related programs, and other business related programs. This certification is designed to accredit students who possess key skills related to marketing and entrepreneurship including market research, branding, data analysis, financial analysis, graphic design, digital marketing, and solution design. Through the Marketing Innovation certification, students demonstrate their ability to solve complex marketing and business challenges as part of highly effective teams.
“With the growing workforce demands of the cybersecurity industry, and in my vision for my company, 3DE has proven itself to be a true solutions provider and invaluable vehicle for developing our young people into competent, forward-thinking, and motivated adults. I hope you will strongly consider approving the Marketing Innovation certification to join the suite of benefits the 3DE instructional model provides to students, schools, and communities all across Florida. We look forward to continuing the success of this partnership with 3DE and welcoming the top talent we’ve cultivated together into our teams at Reliaquest.”
Founder & CEO
“I write to you today in support of Junior Achievement and 3DE’s request to have the Marketing Innovation certification approved under the Master Credentials List.
For nearly forty years Raymond James has partnered with Junior Achievement providing financial literacy and work readiness education for our youth. Junior Achievement through its innovative learning experiences, has been one of our most valued community partners, and we value their mission to empower young people to own their economic success.
In my capacity of Board Chair, and on behalf of Raymond James, I will continue to support the mission of 3DE through board leadership, volunteerism and sponsorship, and we look forward to welcoming 3DE graduates into our ranks as we aim to diversify and strengthen our talent pipeline.”
Raymond James & Associates
Private Client Group
“The manufacturing industry is facing a tremendous challenge in the recruitment and retention of talent. Our partnership with 3DE gives us the opportunity to cultivate our youth in and beyond the classroom, exposing them to the breadth of careers that exist at Jabil and helping prepare them for success in those roles. We would definitely consider any applicant for employment who received the Marketing Innovation credential.
VP, Global Business Units
Marketing Innovation Tests
Upon successfully passing the Fundamentals of Marketing Innovation exam and two of the three other exams, the student will be able to demonstrate the key principles within the marketing coursework sequence and will receive a certificate of certification in Marketing Innovation.
The Marketing Innovation Certification will provide students with comprehensive skills that will enable them to work in the marketing profession either within a corporation or entrepreneurial startup.
Students are required to successfully pass Fundamentals of Marketing Innovation Test with a score of 70% or higher.
Successfully pass any two additional tests with a score of 70% or higher.
There is no charge to take the exam. Enrollment in 3DE coursework is not necessary or required.
Administering the Marketing Innovation Certification Tests
- Student Registration
- Students not enrolled at a site, but wishing to take the exam may contact Junior Achievement to register and set-up proctoring through a Junior Achievement location.
- The proctor at each site will receive a spreadsheet from Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay of students who are approved to take each exam.
- Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay will provide each proctor a list with generic usernames and passwords for the appropriate number of students at each site.
- Student Exam Administration
- Students will first log into the testing site using the username and password provided by their proctor for exam administration.
- Upon logging in, the student should navigate to the “waffle” icon toward the top right of the screen. Clicking on this icon will reveal a drop-down list containing the exam administration course, which the student should click to be directed to the exam.
- Marketing Innovation Certification Exams must be administered by a proctor.
- Instructors may not proctor their own students.
- Proctor agreements will be provided and must be completed/signed by each proctor prior to exam administration.
- Proctor agreements will be distributed, completed and collected through AssureSign.
- Though schools and exam proctors should take measures to prevent cheating during Marketing Innovation Certification Exams, several measures have been taken in exam design to prevent cheating:
- Two different exam forms – forms A and B – are provided for each exam.
- The exam delivery platform randomizes the order of questions received by each student on each exam.
- The exam delivery platform randomizes the order of responses for each student on each question on each exam.
For more information or to get signed up to proctor or take the exam, please contact:
Stephie Holmquist, Ph.D.
Phone: (813) 334 – 3734
Students and teachers are encouraged to utilize as appropriate the following resources in addition to the study guides, sample test questions, and Framework Alignments while preparing to take the exam.
- G-W Marketing Dynamics, 5th Edition
- G-W Entrepreneurship, 3rd Edition
- G-W Principles of Business, Marketing and Finance, 2nd Edition
- Business & Entrepreneurial Principals: B E Publishing, Teen Entrepreneurship Edition 2
- Business & Entrepreneurial Principals: McGraw Hill, Entrepreneurship, Building a Business
- High School Re-engineered | 3DE Schools
Since the focus of the various Marketing courses vary, the following resources may be used as applicable:
- Marketing and Tourism Fashion Applications, Marketing Applications, and Marketing Essentials McGraw-Hill Marketing Essentials
- Marketing and Tourism Fashion Essentials and Fashion Marketing Management Goodheart-Willcox Fashion Marketing and Merchandising, 4th ed.
- Marketing and Tourism Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Goodheart-Willcox Hospitality Services, 3rd ed
- Marketing and Tourism Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism National Geographic Learning/Cengage National Geographic Learning: Travel and Tourism Marketing and Tourism Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism National Geographic Learning/Cengage Visual Geography of Travel & Tourism, 5th ed.
- Marketing and Tourism Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Pearson Exploring the Hospitality Industry, 3rd ed. Marketing and Tourism Travel and Tourism Marketing Management Pearson Introduction to Hospitality Management, 5th ed.
- Sports Marketing Sports, Recreation, and Entertainment Essentials Cengage Learning Sports and Entertainment Marketing 4th ed.